This post actually has nothing to do with good music with horns in it, but I just looked up Griffin McElroy on Spotify and he’s got a playlist by that name and I liked it so I stole it. It how we do.
Today has been a really productive day, to the point where I kind of had to remind myself that I’m not a robot and can’t continue to work well into the night without risking physical injuries. I am pretty beat though, so rather than write a good post I’m going to write a bullet point list that I can look back on during days when I feel like I’m doing nothing.
- Did yoga and chair pose can go fuck itself, seriously.
- Got rejected from a job I spontaneously applied for last night but it was probably for the best? I applied though and that’s A Good.
- Got a great email from one of my editors.
- Listened to about 80 episodes of MBMBAM.
- Inked two and a half comic pages.
- Fully colored (thus finishing) two commissions
- Inked a third commission.
- Fiddled around with the website and made some executive decisions about My Brand.
- Did a warm-up drawing that you can see on my website
- Started another illustration for a client.
- Threw out the cardboard recycling
That’s a pretty good day if I do say so myself! I could’ve kept going for hours (I still have a ton of things to do and I’m quickly falling behind) but sometimes you have to realise your limits and not push them. Tomorrow is Hanging With BFF day which should involve a lot of figuring out book keeping and taxes and VAT once and for all. Wish me luck.
And now, here’s Childish Gambino.